Thread: More on ROI
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 02:22 PM

Default Re: More on ROI

[ QUOTE ]
I did some fiddling with ROI, Win Rate and Standard Deviation with the goal of trying to evaluate ROI in terms of BBs per hour. The idea is to compare SnG results to limit results.

With a given ROI, SD ( I used $17 since that's what I get for $10+1, I'm not sure if it would be higher or lower for higher levels ) and RoR(I used .1 % because I hate to gamble). These numbers produce a dollar amount, say $300, as the RoR bankroll. Assume 300 BBs is a good BR for limit holdem, then $300 would equal a BR for a .5/1 game.

I got the following results :
ROI --- BBs Per Hour
16.7 --- 1
23.5 --- 2
29.0 --- 3
33.5 --- 4
37.5 --- 5
40 --- 5.785

Another way to state this is : If you are a 1 BB winner at a given limit with a 300 BB BR, you would need a 16.7 ROI to achive the same hourly WR.

This doesn't take into account the fact that SnG's only require 30-45 minutes to play, so your hourly would be somewhat higher than 1 BB.

I don't know if this is a valid comparison, caveat emptor, just trying to evaluate ROI and compare it to limit results. Not even sure any comparison is valid.

If it is even close to valid it may indicate why a 40% ROI may not be sustainable in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very interesting post. If I'm following you, and if your math is right, that would mean 100 sng's were roughly - very roughly - equivalent to 10,000 hands of limit.

Anybody know how many limit hands you need to get a good idea of your bb/hr?