View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 12:26 AM

Default Re: \'good\' games and bad

[ QUOTE ]
I've finally reached the conclusion that my expectation is significantly higher in 'rational' games than in less rational ones...in general, the better the players, the better my earnings. I find this odd, and it raises a lot of questions. The pat response would be that I just loosen up too much in these nonsense games, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Does anyone else suffer from this problem? Or better yet, has anyone suffered from it and overcome it? Is it possible that the loss of information from other players making irrational bets is sufficient to destroy any positive expectation?

I've gotten to the point where I will only play 'sane' games. Mostly high-limits, and if some idiot with a ton of money comes in, I usually leave. I've proven to myself that I usually lose, and never have fun, against these players.

Comments appreciated!

[/ QUOTE ]
i am very happy to find out that your fishes are different from mine. at least we don't have to share the same bunch of fishes [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

now the real question is: will I be your fish? guess not, because that will require me to play good [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Kenny