View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:12 AM

Default Re: PokerRewards Poker Calculator

Yes, they will get tougher and learn more, but so should you! Career development is part of the picture.

If you are serious about making poker a career, you might want to consider this. Eventually, because poker rooms online have expenses to pay, the game becomes a negative sum game. There has to be new money coming in all the time. Put the emphasis on entertainment money! It is usually not high stakes, or life changing. That money comes from entertaining the weaker player, and making them want to come back and try again because it was "Fun!"

For those who really want to earn a living with poker, we just need to follow some strong business strategies to make sure we can survive when the game does get tougher. We need to consider how to keep our expenses down, and make good investments for the future. This includes family and other forms of entertainment and business. Most of us will find business avenues to ensure the stability of our income when or if poker becomes tougher.

That is the beauty of businesses like online forums and portals. It helps prepare us for other types of work. People with the skills to play and read people in poker, are usually talented people with real world skill...and all this is assuming we don't squander our time or our money at the table. It is a foolish man or woman who takes all their money to the table!

At the point where you really go all-in, with your whole life, you have ceased to be a pro, IMO, and turned into a gambler. The ego rush is greater than the possible reward, but how does it compare to the despair of being broke. Will the world always have another stake for you?

I am not making your decisions for you by any means, but i am surely expressing my own feelings.