View Single Post
Old 07-24-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Situation I always use a Stop n\' Go in.....

[ QUOTE ]
45, let me ask you this as a side question. Would you like this play if there were 4 people left and he was the small stack facing an equal chip differential between him and his opponent in the hand? Just curious. Peace.

[/ QUOTE ]

So many of these posts are read dependent. I fairly confidently called a guy down yesterday with K high and had him beat because he was such a bluffer. His betting pattern made me fairly certain that he didn't have anything, but I didn't want to raise and make the pot bigger just in case.

To answer your question, I'd have to see the actual chip stacks I guess. If he still had as many BBs left as the OP in this hand, no, I would just fold and steal when I got the chance.

A play that I will make (rarely) is take the worst of a situation by re-raising all in or calling all-in (with high blinds) from the SB or button after an aggressive big stack raiser raises from EP. If I have cards that will play well (not be dominated) by a normal raising range like two big cards, I will make an isolation raise in order to get heads up. I do this rarely but it comes up when you're just languishing and getting blinded down. The bigstack has actually done me a favor by raising initially because he is scaring the blinds (who have to have a fairly comfortable chip position in order for me to do this). Once the blinds are added in to the equation, I feel like it's my chance to get right back into the game by taking the worst of a 40:60 flip.

Again, I don't even do this very often. I think that I have done 2 or 3 stop-n-gos in over 2000 SNGs. I'm not saying it's wrong, just not my style at all.