View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Re: 30/60 river action?

His action on the turn indicates a made hand to me. I guess he could have the super draw of K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], but I doubt he would cap the turn with it, yet not raise the flop; So I'm putting that hand on very low priority.

With his position it is possible he has AA and did some weird slowplaying preflop and on the flop, but without a read this would be hard to judge as well.

All other made hands you have beat (lower sets and two pairs). I'd say pop him one more time on the river. If he did have a lower set he probably won't cap it anyways for fear that you might have AA. Even the straight may fear the flush and not cap it. I could really only see a reasonable person capping it with AA or the flush here, and we already are weighting those hands fairly lowly.

I would be willing to advocate a 3-bet and then fold to a cap with a read on the proper type of opponent (even though I can rarely follow through on that advice myself). However, I don't think it should be done against an unknown.

Edit: I forgot to put in the KJ[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], QJ[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and KT[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], etc. type hands, but I think I still stand by my play.