View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Re: LC: No Party at Party :(

ace_in_the_hole
Do you make a note of how you go out of tournaments? I think this may possibly help your game or identify some leaks. I started doing this recently using the following method on my excel spreadsheet:
On all the Sngs where I make the money I hightlight those cells blue. Sngs where I go out because i played a hand badly that either knocked me out, or crippled me are red. Sngs where I've gone out but where i'm confident (based on icm) that i've made the right play but were just called by a better hand fair and square are green, and sngs where i've gone out because i was sucked out on are yellow.
If you do this over a longish period of time you'll see how your going out of these tournaments. Obviously if there are lots of reds you'll know something is wrong (you have to be brutally honest when deciding if you played it well or not). If there are lots of yellows and greens, it probably means you're just hitting a horrible horrible downswing and theres not too much you can do about it. Though you should consider the possibility that your pushing too loosely if you see lots of greens.

Anyway thats what i do and it works well for me. Let me know if you give it a try. Hope your on the right side of the variance soon.

-Jaffa-

P.s. the AQ hand is fine.