View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Ever think about the people you win money from?

[ QUOTE ]
If this is a morality question as to taking losers' money, then as long as you are not hustling gambling addicted players to keep playing, nor cheating, then there is no moral question here.

[/ QUOTE ]
How would you know if they were addicted or not? Anyway, like I said, I'm not feeling too guilty about it.

I guess I'm just wondering about the future of poker, and online poker in general. I mean, I would hypothesize that there are 2 big classes of losing players. A) People who think of poker like blackjack, and just want to gambool, and B) players who are trying to win money but are failing. Class A's might see losses as the cost of entertainment, and Class B's might see them as investments toward their poker education (or bad beats, or evidence that online poker is rigged).

How long will each of these groups keep playing? A's don't care too much if they lose, so they'll keep playing poker as long as they have money and are having fun. I have to think B's will quit after it becomes evident that they suck/that online poker is rigged.

[ QUOTE ]
Does a vulture eating roadkill wonder why roadkill appears everyday or is he just thankful and keep coming back for more?

[/ QUOTE ]
I like to think of myself as a probability arbitrageur. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]