View Single Post
Old 08-21-2004, 02:39 PM

Default Re: how loose should i start...

Good luck getting people to fold. chipbrave doesn't have the luxury of being able to force people to call $150 cold. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

One should certainly loosen up some, but I wouldn't get carried away with it. The bottom line is that you are going to have to show down the best hand in order to win. How much you should loosen up depends on how aggressive the game is. If it is frequently checked around on fourth and fifth streets, you can limp in with some very speculative hands. If you usually face a bet on fourth street, you should stick to reasonable hands. I'd play about any live pair with a live kicker, but I tend to do that anyway.

Unless you have a good reason for patronizing this site, e.g., a decent-sized sign-up bonus, I would seek out a game with a saner ante structure. This will be helpful as you move up in limits. Larger games will have an ante around 10% of the big bet, not 25%. Also, the bring-in should be around 1/3 of the small bet, not 1/2. There are several threads discussing all this. I don't play for any significant stakes on-line, so I'm not the guy to ask.

More than likely, some people are going to chime in and say that this game is unbeatable. They're wrong.

How much would it cost this site to invest in some $.25 or $.50 chips?