View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Re: 22, river boat, best play

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like a check raise all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not c/r rivers anywhere near the optimal amount. What criteria do you usually look through when doing so.

Here villain either has JQ, a strong overpair, A9 (MAYBE, but prob not), or a 10. All of those hands will bet (except maybe jq, which wont call) If I check to them, therefore c/r?

Is this the kinda stuff you think about in these situations?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the c/r here because I think too many hands check behind, and then you end up showing your cards for free. Also, I don't think a villain with *any* hand you mention bets the river, except the ten. A9 is scared you just made trips and are going to c/r. JQ missed and will not call a bet... they might bluff at the pot, but they're unlikely to call a reasonable bet. An overpair would have raised the flop or turn - probably the flop. Very few other hands make any sense.

If it were me, I'd underbet; I'd bet like $5 or $6 into the $30 pot, because I'd want to force weak hands to fold, but the underbet makes it look like I'm scared and trying to protect my pot equity, and may induce a raise from a T or such. Opponent could also have 68s or J8s, but those are sort of unimportant because if he DOES, hero is getting paid off to some degree - and in this game, it might be his whole stack. I think opponent is on JT, maybe QT a lot of the time, sometimes KT, and rarely AT, I think a busted draw is most likely, so I like the underbet. Protect your hand from showing down free, but induce a reraise from a strong (but weaker than yours) hand or from missed bluffs.