View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Call or fold? Is this a close decision?

[ QUOTE ]
Right now you are getting 7-1 odds on your money. If you count your backdoor flush as 1.5 outs, and your gutshot as four more. I'd probably discount the ace to one out...you definitely have the odds to continue. But I would raise the flop to clean up some outs, plus you can take a free card on the turn if you want it. I don't even think this is a close decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are at 6ish outs in a 7SB pot. We can't get a free card with a raise because we're OOP. There is only one player a raise could potentially knock out; cleaning up our A outs only helps on the occasions that open-raiser has AQ or AJ, that he would check that flop with either of those hands, and that he will fold them for a cold raise. The flop bettor could always reraise and the call was sketchy to begin with. We're investing 2SB to protect a draw* in a 7SB pot. Free cards aren't much of a consideration being that we're OOP.

You're right about one thing; it's not that close.

*Sometimes A-high is good, but considering this flop and the fact that it's a raised pot I'm not willing to make that assumption, OOP, possibly facing bets on every street.