View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Interview w/ The Mouth

[ QUOTE ]
The gossip is nice, but the real interesting thing is how Matusow falls in the 'accumulator / chip up' camp, apparently eschewing even 4/1 all-in confrontations ( ala Hellmuth). This is rather shocking to me. He sure has confidence in his ability to outplay people. This falls in direct contrast to the adamantly held beliefs of the 'take the edge' crowd around here ( which includes me ).

We know where Greg Raymer stands on this issue ( take the 60/40 edge if you have it). I wonder where some of the other well known pros stand on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

It didnt come across to me that MM advocates a tighter style, passing up on edges in the same way helmuth seems to.

I think its more a case of he prefers to constantly build his stack as a buffer for when he does take these risks. He certainly does take risks, and doesnt seem to pass up confrontations even in (at first glance) passable spots.

This is all my opinion based on what ive read on his game however - ive never played with the guy, and ive hardly seen any of his game so can only go off 2nd and 3rd hand accounts.