View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Interesting(?) live 1/2 hand - QQ in the SB

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, well you ain't playing in AZ, so you must be in vegas. This is an interesting hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Home game in Scottsdale actually. Nicely ran too, the "host" brings in dealers and everyone pays $5/hhr time. Host acts as bank and floor. Nice table and plans to add an auto shuffler in the next month or so.

[ QUOTE ]
First, I would have made it 5-7BB, with two limpers, since you are out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I had been mixing up the raise size but this was too small. Fancy play donk'ing is all I can clauk it up to.

[ QUOTE ]
How much did the villain have? How much pressure could you put on him?

[/ QUOTE ]
I covered by about 2.5x.

Yes I could make him play for his entire stack.

[ QUOTE ]
Normally I fold one pair here, but your straight draw is intriquing. Twodimes says you are between 22-30% pot equity in a few scenarios I ran. If you have any fold equity with villain it would work.

But you said that you've folded him before. Is he getting tired of being run over? That would be a prime consideration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep that was one of my prime considerations here. He was pretty laid back, but he did have a bit of a "thing" for me.

I was also thinking about meta game here.

I ended up pushing AI and turned to the BB and said "I guess I am going to have to put a bad beat on you." He tanked for quite a some time, and open folded JJ, the other guy turned up KJo and I hit the K on the turn.

I was totally floored that he folded top set to me. I am not telling you how good/bad that felt (good for me, bad for him). He told me later that he had a really bad feeling about the hand and made a gut feeling choice. He played "scared" against me the rest of the night, it was easy to get away when I was beat and take the pot when he did not have a monster.

The table ragg'ed on the BB badly, until I said, "nope good fold the K or 8 is coming" just as the burn and turn fell. Everyone kind of quite for a few seconds and muttered about folding top set against a total nut case/luckbox (me). I got sick action after that hand. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

So when you heading home? Still stuck pimping sheep?