Thread: 10/20 KK
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 12:51 AM

Default Re: 10/20 KK

[ QUOTE ]
What range of hands do you folks put him on when he didn't cap preflop and bet into me on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

any J (AJ, KJ, QJ, JT, suited or off as appropriate - this will be a large part of his range when he bets the flop IMO), A7s, TT-88, 55, 77, and his PFR is low enough for some percentage of JJ. when he 3 bets the flop, then 3-bets our turn raise after we've screamed overpair, I think we have to refine our read despite the fact that his initial flop bet would scream weakness if it came from an ABC tight player.

EDIT: I don't mean to say this guy isn't predictable or that he's particularly tricky or tough, rather, that a lot of the 'standard' lines around here would entail betting the flop with the top pair/middle pocket pair hands and save the stronger hands for checkraises. I'm not sure who plays like that and who doesn't, but that's what I've been reading. I'm not sure if this player follows that convention as well, or if he's thought about it enough that he takes this line with a set or something as well.

edit: you don't have a read on MP1. I'll leave all this out there anyways.