View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 06:31 PM

Default Re: (55) bluff this river?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think its a bad play really. Tough to say, but if I had a good feel for the hand I could definitely see making this play, but I agree plays like this present themselves rarely.

I wouldn't be raising 99 there and you can probably shrink your c-bet a bit to save some chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting... strassa's been posting a lot about how everyone is making their cbets too small, even on relatively dry boards. i think it's mostly been mtt though, so maybe it doesn't carry over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arguing about what a "standard" size of a cBet should be is ridiculous IMO. Mine are usually the same size of my flop bets where I consider myself ahead. That's the point...

If you are value betting 1/2 pot on a safe flop and CBetting on missed flops 1/2 pot on a similar non-draw flop then 1/2 pot is fine. The point is you are maximizing your gains and minimizing losses...Figuring out the best amount to optimize this depends on the board, # of opponents, reads on opponents etc...I don't think Strassa was advocating that cBets should be x amount.

Edit: as an example, on a board with a flush draw and straight draw possibilities, a cBet where you miss would need to be more perhaps (if you chose to make one here).