View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 10:49 AM

Default Re: KQ flops trips against laggy PF raiser

[ QUOTE ]
Giving gutshots proper odds to call the flop isn't a good idea. You want them to make mistakes not play properly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think that by NOT raising on the flop, I got them to make mistakes they wouldn't have if I'd raised. Either way, they weren't getting proper odds for gutshot draws.

[ QUOTE ]
The other thing is: How do you KNOW that not raising the flop and turn netted you a much bigger pot? One of those guys could easily have Kx and will give you plenty of action while forcing those gutshotters to pay too much to make their calls profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well raising the turn was clearly optimal in hindsight, since neither of the extras called there. But as I said, I don't think I'd have kept them around until the turn by raising the flop. That's two extra bets I got on that round instead of one or possibly even none from the LAG (not to mention his turn bet which I enticed by not raising). I really felt that nobody else had Kx, but if they did, they'd probably raise it sooner than I did anyway. They'd be in a much better position to do so, not acting directly after the PF raiser. Really, the only negative thing I can think of regarding the way I played this hand is that the LAG caught a miracle card on the river (6s full of kings). But I think the chances of that are slim enough to make it a risk worth taking.

Correct me if you disagree.