View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: One year ago today, I...

One year ago today,
After seeing Phil Helmuth and other brash personalities play poker on TV my wife told me that I was much smarter and could learn to play better than the average player and one day make some extra money for us. In need of extra $$ like any young couple with an infant daughter, and trying to pay off school loans, mortgage, bills, etc. I decided to take her up on the offer.

A visit to the local bookstore resulted in my returning with Championship Hold'em by Cloutier and McEvoy (insert commment here....). Three months of Play Money Poker boosted confidence enough to put in $50.
Feb to June my original $50 went from $20 to $70 .. back and forth.
Early Summer, Read an article about Fossilman in Cigar Afficionado and stumbled onto 2 + 2. AHA!!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]I might be on to something here !!!!.
Read everything I could since then bought several poker books and have cashed online and live for extra sideline income playing NLHE tournaments and cash games.
Just recently -- began contributing to 2+ 2 forum.

Thank you to all at 2 + 2, there are definitely some brilliant poker players that post here that I have been able to learn from. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
My first year has been lots of fun and profitable. Looking forward to more learning and more progress.
Just a thought
Carl