View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Curtains made me do it! #3

[ QUOTE ]
One thought here is seat 4 in the small blind with 295 is very likely to push. Limping and then calling his push could be pretty +$EV here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to say but this is the most FPS type of thing Ive ever seen, and Ive seen similar comments before. Such a method of playing should be completely eliminated from your arsenal IMO. The idea of calling because you suspect some tiny stack will move allin is really crazy to me somehow and I hope that you don't approach other situations where you hold mediocre hands in such a fashion.

I just have too many chips, and a pretty decent hand. Im sure I raised here. When you have 3k chips the hands are a lot easier to play, and your opponents play tighter against you. A hand like this that might normally be not so great, is surely some amount of +EV here. For instance if you are called preflop and make a cont. bet, its a lot less likely your opponent will randomly play back at you, due to your monster stack size.

I don't remember this specific hand, probably because it was boring and I just stole the blinds, but personally I feel that this is a pretty automatic raise given the game situation. I have a huge stack, and there are ways you should behave when you get such a monster stack.

Yes KQo isnt an amazing hand and is one you can "get into trouble with", but not in a situation like this.