View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Re: KK: raise more on flop?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OK, after reading the replies I have another comment, and a further defense for pushing the flop. When you overbet the pot there, many opponents will instantly read you for 2 big unpaired cards trying to steal and will play sheriff with smaller pocket pairs. Bad players love to call overbets with weak hands because they think they're going to catch you bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me, I don't think pushing the flop needs to be defended. I seriously considered it at the time.

But, say UTG had checked. Would this be an open push then on this flop? I just looked at his bet as, "Well, maybe the guy has a couple of overs and whiffed. My hand's okay and I'd really like for him not to bet anything." So I raised instead of pushing. I think I should have either raised a bit more or just pushed. My default play would be to push here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see, we're looking at this in sort of an opposite way. I'm more likely to push after his donk bet because I think a push looks like more of a scared bet. I'm hoping he reads a push here as "He's trying to bully me out of this pot because he thinks I have a better hand then him". I think a pot sized bet looks stronger to your opponents here, especially since you're basically comitted after that. They're more likely to think you have a hand you really want to get your chips in with but you don't want to lose any customers. Or else they're thinking "weee! I've got pocket 3's. That's the nuts!", what do I know? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]