View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 05:08 AM

Default what to make of a huge loss

I have just had the worst day of my poker playing career. Took a 570 dollar downswing. played 2/4 limit, 100 NL and 50 NL and multiple times, again and again, took what seemed to be an endless stream of bad beats. This is not meant to be a bad beat post. I am well aware and I have taken a number of bad beats, as has naybody who's played 50-60K hands.

My post is more on the magnitude of my downswing. I literally feel extremely negative and feel like armageddon a.k.a. the destruction of my bankroll is near. I have played well and averaged 2.5 BB/100 on the Limit games over 20K hands. This is something i never thought was poassible. Why have I just wiped out a large portion of my profits. I cannot pinpoint anything I've done wrong with my game.

Rather than sympathy or specific hand advice, I wanted to get someone's opinion on how to handle such huge downswings where you feel you've just been kicked in the stomach and fallen over.

How do I psychologically deal with this loss and get back to my A game when my confidence is extremely low.