Thread: New to the Game
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2002, 06:04 PM

Default New to the Game

I'm new to 7 stud, I mean I knew how to play before now but I just started playing online. I'm up quite a bit in a few sessions, playing $2/4 up maybe $100 or so. Anyway, I'm playing right now and I've lost with what I thought were some good hands:
Trip 9s loses to trip Js, very next hand high 2 pair loses to trip Js again, couple hands later I have a straight after 5 raise and bet out the entire way until someone catches a straight one higher on the 7th (amazingly, I had 2345678), lost with high trips to a boat, all this in a session of an hour tops and I'm down $35 during the session (only one big win really with an Ace-high straight).

Are these typical winning hads in a 6-8 handed game? Previous to this session I saw a ton of two-pair winners, etc., and it's not like I'm facing extremely good board cards or anything they've just had the hole cards to beat me. Are there any good sites on 7 stud strategy? So far I call the deal if I have 3 face cards, 3 suited, a decent pair, or 3 connected, are these decent start hands? Thanks.