View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: For the fans of \"Scooter\" Libby

You did not deny anything in my post.

[ QUOTE ]
This is where the finely nuanced minds of liberals miss out.

[/ QUOTE ]

What, in my post, are you referring to? I'm not liberal, by the way.

[ QUOTE ]

The President said Saddam attempted to buy yellow cake uranium. That does not mean that he actually made the purchase.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, but you completely miss the point. Wilson reported that attempts were not even made. He was later proven to be correct. He reported this BEFORE Bush's State of the Union.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course no deals existed for Wilson to find, they never happened, but were attempted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. See above.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm too lazy to link the the text of the state of the union address.

[/ QUOTE ] Don't bother: what you'll find is Bush making a statement that Wilson had previously reported to be untrue.

[ QUOTE ]
The entire point of the exercise was to undermine a sitting President who was acting to the best of his ability in the interests of national security.

[/ QUOTE ]

This part is debatable at best. Wilson was a Republican supporter in the past. It is highly unlikely that his initial goal before going to Niger was to undermine Bush. But even if that were the case, Wilson was correct.

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like treason to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Luckily, it doesn't sound like treason even to Wilson's biggest enemies, i.e. the most powerful men on earth. If Wilson's actions had the faintest hint of treason, they'd be tossing around the word "treason" in their daily talking points just like you (and Hannity etc.) are.