Thread: Flipping out
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 02:35 AM

Default Re: Flipping out

Thanks for the replies. Just to make things clear, I don't need the money to pay the bills...immediately. I'm not living month to month off of poker income and I probably have about 4 months of living expenses in my bank account. However, I know from experience that if you don't make the money or even worse, don't play enough, that pool of money makes an innevitable decline.

Maybe I just don't get out enough and my life is kind of pathetic so part of the frustration derives from failures other than merely the last hand/tourney.

I also tend not to get mad because of bad beats. Those happen. I get angrier because I made a marginal play or I made a mistake or even if I'm not really sure what the right move was and end up losing. If I get all the money in with my AA vs. some guy's 33 and he wins I can usually deal with that. But if I've waited and waited and waited for a decent hand and finally I'm down to 5x BB with 5 players left and I raise all-in with Q5s on the button only to have the BB find AA...that frustrates me because I question my own ability in addition to losing the hand.