View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: deep stack set play 5-10 bike

yeah the original raiser and the raise amount were both idiotic. but the villian was not the original raiser.

i do have an aggressive image as i am usually either raising, betting or folding, i don't do a lot of check calling.

the river was a another K making the final board K67QK.

he pushed and i folded.
it was funny because when he smoothcalled my flop bet something in the back of my mind kept saying....i think this guy has a set of sevens, and i almost checked behind on the turn.
then i almost folded to his raise, but it just seemed so dam weak.
the king on the river really bailed me out...i knew he didn't have AK or KK because he would have reraised preflop, but as it was i couldn't beat anything but a bluff....KQ got there and 77 was already there.

so i folded and later the guy who was sitting next to him (they were both filipino) told me that he had said to him, while i was delibirating with my cards face up on the river that "i'm gonna bust this punk, no way he folds"

anyways...i'm not so sure that this post had any real value but i guess i just posted it because it was one of those rare instances where i just felt like i was beat but still couldn't bring myself to fold on the turn because i had a set. i think it also illustrates how much things change when you start getting really deep relative to the blinds.