View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 08:44 AM

Default Re: visiting edinburgh

Hey dude welcome to our cold miserable city [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

All your main shopping is on Princes Street. Can't miss it bang in the centre below the castle.. I wouldn't try and go out today though it'll be mobbed. For touristy and crafty shops theres the High Street (aka the royal mile) this is just off princes st and is part of the old town.

The bus tours leaving from Waverly Bridge are popular with tourists. This is also just off Princes St.

Good Bars well your spoiled for choice there is nothing but bars in Edinburgh [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

A personal fav for cheap drink / decent crowd is the Standing Order on George Street. George street the whole length has some of our better bars. This sits behind Princes St. I ain't been clubbing in a year or so so i'm pretty sure its changed completely. If you can't find any try Subway West End on Lothian Road It was always the place we'd go when everywhere else was full... It ain't the classiest place but its safe.