View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Re: too much? Level I 3xPOT push.

I agree betting this flop is the right move. There are 7 people on this flop. One of them is going to have an ace and the odds of someone having a flush/straight draw are also really high. Put a bet of 250-400 in and if you get reraised you have an easy push. One thing I really don't like about the check raise here is that most people will not ever give you credit for a flush draw here. To me the check raise screams Ak, 2 pair or trips. If you push all in I might give you credit for Axs.

With your line of action, I am not sure what the right course of action is. The pot is like 880. I think with 4 callers already, you have to raise. The only question is how much. I would either pot it or push. The argument for pushing is that picking up 880 chips here is a pretty good outcome. The potting argument would be unless you are up against a higher set (or something like 89s) you are a big favorite here so might as well try to suck some more money out. The downside is that I think a 900 bet doesn't give you a whole lot of stack to to push people off on the turn ( the pot will be ~2600 and you will have ~1200 chips). A smaller bet 400-500 would give the flush draw decent odds to call but would preserve the option of folding. I think out of position, I am more in favor of pushing. If I was in position I would be more likely to pot it.