View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Turn action

[ QUOTE ]

Game is 10-20 NL, 4 handed. Villain in the BB has $2600. You have him covered.

Preflop

Folded to you in the SB. You make it $75 to go in the SB with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Villain calls.

Flop

K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Scenario 2

Villain is a weak, but not wild, player. He calls and folds too much on all streets, and does not raise frequently enough. He is not tricky.

Assume you bet the pot on the flop and Villain calls.

Pot size is now $480. You each have $2360 behind. Turn card is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Now what? One thing to consider is whether this card is a brick.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the Villain in Scenario 2 calls my flop bet, I am not surprised. From our read, I expect him to call with a wide range of hands including any pairs and any draws.

The 3 on the turn is a scary card against this Villain because it could have helped quite a few of his potential holdings. But, we still must lead out because the majority of his hand range was NOT helped by the 3 and is either still drawing to a straight or flush; or just "improved" to 2 pair.

Therefore, against Scenario 2 Villain, Hero should lead the turn for $400.

If this Villain raises our turn bet, we should give him credit for holding trip 3s and act accordingly.