View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Playing OverCards vs an Unknown (Maybe Boring)

You said your post may be boring. I think frustrating is the better word. It is frustrating becuz without a read, any advice anyone is telling you in this hand is like shooting in the dark. Is it better to raise the flop? or just call? This is difficult to say. Is there a standard play here with no reads on the villain. Well given the fact that you are in a 3 handed raised pot, if youre gonna call the flop bet, I think you are better off investing another flop bet and raising this flop in an attempt force the other guy out of the hand and give you more strategic flexibility on the turn. If the villain 3 bets however you will wish you never tried this strategy, or if the player behind you coldcalls your flop raise, your play is also ruined and you should give up on the turn unimproved. Another reason I think raising is better than calling is there is still a small chance you have the best hand(this small chance is important IMO) and the other times you are trailing you will usually have 6 outs. In specifically 3 handed raised pot situations, if someone directly to your right bets and you have a calling hand, you are usually better off raising IMO