View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 09:16 AM

Default Re: What should I expect from my bankroll growth ?

I still class myself as a beginner, but for what its worth this is what I did:-
(i) 0.05/0.1 at paradise with $30 (6k hands at ~9BB/100) during this time I tried the 1000 free pokertracker hands and then bought it almost immediately. Also bought SSHE (after reading the "Jones" book"), GSIH wasn't available. As an aside I don't think the Jones book is that bad as a starter as long as you move on reasonably quickly. Without it I think SSHE would have gone right over my head. Also discovered this forum.
(ii) 0.1/0.2 still at Paradise (3.5k hands at ~3.5BB/1000)
(iii) 0.25/0.5 at Paradise (1k hands so far at 7BB/100), also cleared initial deposit bonus (whoopee $7.50).

The above win rates are a bit on the high side so I await with trepidation the inevitable monster downswing.

I now have about $160 and am looking forward to a bit of bonus whoring to see what that's all about. There are probably quicker ways of building a bankroll, but it's probably best to stick to a site and a level you are comfortable with until you have a few k hands under your belt.

The variance thing takes a bit of getting used to. You'll go through huge upswings and downswings, which is why PT is so useful. You can review your play and check for leaks.