View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Parts list...how does this look?

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I cant blame you for wanting to get the top of the line stuff. When it comes to computers, its extremely hard not to splurge on the latest technology. If I had the extra cash I would deinitely go with the dual processor even though I dont really need it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's kinda my situation right now. I'm paying for it with winnings, and I expect to make even more once I have a better computer to work with and hopefully continue to move up in limits. It will also help me make money faster in other ways that I'd rather not get into right now. Basically, the quicker I buy, the more money I'll be able to make though.

[ QUOTE ]
...with the release of the M2 platform ... I should be able to pick up what used to be a $300+ cpu for under $200 in just a few months.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is sort of what came to mind when I considered buying a cheaper cpu now and planning to upgrade. If I bought the 3500+ now ($200) and upgraded later, I'd have to wait until the prices for the better cpus drops by over $200 or else I'm better off to just buy it now. That's the main reason I am planning to just go ahead and splurge on a dual core processor, although I'm still debating exactly which one I will get. It just doesn't seem cost effective to plan to buy a processor twice within any relatively short time frame.

Thanks again for the reply. Now I just need video card suggestions and comments about the 10k RPM hard drive for PT.