View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: To those thinking about getting an Inspiron 9300 for multitabling

Including taxes, S&H I paid about $2000 for mine but now realize that I didn't try hard enough to find a good deal. I recommend looking around on Ebay and, as I previously mentioned, double-checking to make sure you are getting one with the 1920x1200 resolution. I believe the corresponding acronym is UWXGA whereas WXGA corresponds to the lower res version.

Be careful if you order off of the Dell website because some of their 9300 special deals will only offer the lower resolution as a choice on the customization page without explicitly stating exactly what that resolution is.

I speculate that if you get a 1.7 GHz or better processor, 512+ MB of RAM, 128+ MB of Video memory and 80+ GB of hard disk space then you should be alright for 3-5 years and the purposes you listed. I also think the Inspiron 9300's are upgradeable up to 2 GB of RAM which will go a long way towards maximizing its useful life.

Edit: Other posters on this forum may be able to provide more educated opinions on this specific issue.