View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Time to get tricky???

Final Table of a $10+1 on Empire. Was seated as Table #1 in seat 4 for the entire tournament. Villian in this hand had also been there the entire time with me. My read on him is weak-aggressive. Normal preflop raise was a min-raise from ANY position. Another thing that this guy did was min-raise EVERY time that it got open folded to him in late middle-late position.

I had re-raised his crappy attempt to steal the blinds with his min-raise and he folded both times that I tried it. This was over about a 1.5hr period.

This hand comes up. Final table. Blinds are 400/800. Hero has T30,000. Villan has around T18,000

Hero is dealt J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button. Folded around to the Villan who makes it T1600.

Hero thinks and pops it to T3600. Blinds fold. Villan thinks for about 45seconds, and pushes for ~T16,500

I put the villan on a HUGE range of hands after watching him call his entire stack away preflop after he was caught trying to min-raise steal the blinds, with 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] catching runner-runner 4's to BB AA.

Im really trying to take my MTT play to the next level, which for me is WINNING one. I have actually made it to the final table 4 out of 8 of these partiucular tournaments. I feel that plays like these, specifically, getting some BALLS to make a move on someone, is what's holding me back.

Is Villan TOO loose to make a play on?? Should I have waited for a better spot??