View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Nut low, 2nd nut flush draw, gutshot vs low chaser

[ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't raise all-in on the turn. You've gotten called on the flop and the turn and are raised all-in. You may already be quartered by the all-in guy. You've just got nut low and the draw. Call & see the river. No reason to raise all-in imo. I'm not too crazy about being raised all-in with just the nut low.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me expand a bit on my initial line of thinking on the turn allin raise.

I had no history of play with the allin raiser (sir_rebrum), HOWEVER - he had been playing loosely, and was shortstacked. I figured him for a one-way hand at best, since shortstack shoves from loose players usually are desperation allin bets.

I made the reraise to pressure the guy behind me (jasonsull). Remember that I am out of position against him, and flat-calling gives him the opportunity to repot on the turn or pot the river, assuming that I check unimproved. I wanted to turn the tables. However, now that I've had time to think about this hand, my move was inconsistent with my read on him (see the OP).

[ QUOTE ]
So why would I want to re-raise? Call and hope to hit the flush on the river and get your money in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember that I also have a gutshot straight draw, which adds a small bit of equity.

Say I just flat-call the turn. The river bricks. Check? Small bet?