View Single Post
Old 07-14-2004, 04:13 PM

Default Re: ESPN pushing Jesus

Is the polka typo intentional? Makes my head hurt.

Poker doesn't compare with Millionaire at all. As you mentioned, you can't play Millionaire at home or online for money. That show burned out because they forced too many NEW episodes down the public's throat too quickly.

I don't think poker's reruns hurt it at all. Just increases the potential exposure to people who may have missed an episode, on a network that has far fewer viewers than an ABC or NBC. As long as they have new episodes each Tuesday, I think they can keep it fresh.

Our society has a lottery mentality. People want to become rich without having to actually do anything. They see poker on TV, and people winning all that money, and think there's no reason they can't go online and do the same thing Moneymaker did. Of course this isn't true, but it doesn't matter. The more this stuff airs, the more consistently new players will become interested in playing the game.

As for Fidrych, didn't he hurt his arm? That will certainly cause your star to fade, not being able to pitch and all.