View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004, 06:16 PM

Default \"SNG Ladder Challenge (SLC)\", aka \"SnG Sprint \"

SS-

Thanks for the thoughts and the link.

From your SnG Marathon post:
[ QUOTE ]
Here is the goal:

I am starting with a nice sized bankroll for 10+1 party SnGs ($600).

<snip>
The ultimate goal is to reach the 200+15 level and compare where my $$/hour rate is the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

My goal for the SLC, which should perhaps be renamed the "SnG Sprint", is totally different than the Marathon. I'm trying to take a tiny bankroll of $30, and full well knowing there's a very good shot I'm going to blow it, take a fun crack at the Big Time. It's meant to be close to an all-out sprint to a specific goal- I'm not trying to see if I can "really" conquer each rung on the ladder consistently, just see if I can climb up it quickly once (pocketing $1k or $2k as a nice bonus).

If I bust out, no biggie- I'm out $30, but had a shot at big $, some fun, and since I probably failed to make lots of adjustments at the higher level, maybe learned a bit. I actually think I may consider doing a SnG Marathon alongside the sprint- this SLC is just for kicks.

I am interested in an update on how you're progressing on the Marathon. Since I'm just strarting to play SNGs more regularly now, I'd be partcularly interested in seeing your ITM & ROI %s in blocks of 50-100 at similar/same levels over time to see if you have improved as you've played.

J

Edit: Tried to edit the original post to contrast the SLC Sprint to the SnG Marathon, but can't edit it any more