View Single Post
Old 06-20-2004, 04:10 PM

Default Re: results and one minor correction

first of all youngpoker there are seven other clubs possible but only three not four clubs beat me and it seems like no one even bothered to address my thought process which is a shame. its like you guys look at the board and then automatically put the guy on the nuts. did no one bother to analyze the way he played? no one else thought it was strange and not fitting of someone who actually had the nuts or any flush at all? it saddens me a little that everyone just seems perfectly willing to lay down a hand without thinking it through.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (10 handed)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG+1 ($325.75)
<font color="C00000">UTG+2 ($710.55)</font>
MP1 ($100)
MP2 ($98)
MP3 ($100)
CO ($117.65)
<font color="C00000">Hero ($99.75)</font>
SB ($119.20)
BB ($96)
UTG ($83)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $2, UTG+1 calls $2, UTG+2 calls $2, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls $2, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($12) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $11</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $11.

Turn: ($34) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets $40</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $86.75 (All-In)</font>, UTG+2 calls $46.75.

River: ($207.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $207.50
<font color="green">Main Pot: $207.50, between UTG+2 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero ($207.50).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+2 shows Ks 8h (one pair, eights).
Hero shows 9c 6c (flush, queen high).
Outcome: Hero wins $207.50. </font>

it seemed pretty clear to me at the time that his big bet on the turn which would force me to play for my stack was not the A of clubs. if he had the nuts he would know i didn't and therefore might try to get some value rather then simply take the pot down. and if he had either the K or T of clubs why push it so hard? it just didn't make any sense. i wish some of you would have done what i did and put yourself not in my shoes but in his. if you had the A K or T of clubs would you have played it how he did...and be honest don't just say yes cuz you know i pushed.