View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Hand #2, OOP trying to buy a few outs.

[ QUOTE ]
2) On the flop, I have an overcard, a backdoor flush draw and a backdoor straight draw. I check the flop, The Button bets which I felt he would do regardless of the flop if all checked to him.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see how you can give yourself more than 3 outs here. Getting 11-to-1 with 3 players left to act behind and a good chance that hitting means a second best hand - this seems like a really, REALLY easy fold.

[ QUOTE ]
4) I thought that if I raised the flop, a couple of things might happen. 1) Might knock out a higher A,

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see AJ-AK folding here. in a LIVE game people gambool. That leaves the only hands worth folding being A8/A9. It's just not worth it.

[ QUOTE ]
It might buy me a free card (yes I am OOP, but often I can check raise on the flop and not get bet into after I check the Turn).

[/ QUOTE ]
With an AGGRESSIVE player acting last?!?

[ QUOTE ]
5) The turn, I picked up a few more outs, and the flop call from an aggressive villain told me that he was probably not really happy with his hand. I bet out again hoping to fold him. I didn't.

6) The River sucked. I didn't hit my outs. I am not calling with A7 but I will bet with it. I felt that a bet was my only hope to win the pot. I felt I had a better than 8:1 odds he'd fold a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just don't think that in a LIVE 3/6 game we should be trying to fold out better hands. Your odds of folding a better hand in this spot are not even remotely close to the odds the pot was offering at this point IMO.