View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: I don\'t know how to deal with the donk turn

Why not just raise for the free showdown? If the BB really loves his hand he'll 3bet and you'll fold, or he will call and you can check behind him on the river. If you are going to put two bets in, at least have some fold equity.

As an aside, I think people on this forum, especially the people who are marginal winners (often times like myself) are awfully hesitant to fold in a situation like this.

I think calling down is only a good line against someone who will continue to pour bets in with the worst hand. If the BB has an 8 or a 6 or a draw (Hands that you beat) there is no way he's putting a 3rd bet in on the turn, he'll call and you will have made an extremly +EV play.

If he has a weak ace, I think he will call and check the river or possibly decide that A-2 is no good and fold allowing you to win with a worse hand.

If he has two pair he will 3 bet and you can fold.

Unless you think that your opponent will 3-bet with hands you are ahead of and force you to fold a better hand, there is no point in calling down. Raise, and take a free river.

Actually, raise, spike a nine and bet the river.

In the case that the turn is another overcard, I think a fold is a safe play, as its tough to be ahead.