View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 09:38 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Should i continue with online poker career or return to 9-5 job?

I wouldn't worry about "social circles", but then again, I'm not some hob-nobbing snob. I'm only 28, but I've noticed that as you grow older, you don't really keep in contact with as many people.

I don't really have a "social circle", just aquantinces for the most part.

Poker is great, in that it can provide you with a lot more free time. Most people in the U.S. work way too many hours, and don't have time to spend with their families, or social or luxury time.

The problem you face is that you're trying to maintain a certain "lifestyle". While being able to afford new "stuff" is always nice, free time is one of the most precious things you can earn.

If you're able to live comfortably, without fear of being unable to cover any emergency situations, then the freedom that poker allows is always welcome.

Right now, I'm just going "semi-pro". I don't depend on poker to pay the bills, and I don't mix my poker money with my "regular" money.

You seem insecure in your long-term viability playing poker. I would definetely recommend that you find some type of regular paycheck that you can depend on, just for your own piece of mind. Wish you the best.