View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 09:59 PM

Default Re: still shaking my head on this one

[ QUOTE ]
Bet more on the flop. After you call UTG+1's bet, the pot is $3.25, and you raised only $1.50. Against two opponents, you are giving KJ or J9 pots odds (never mind implied odds) to call you. You should have raised to $3.50 or $4.00

Villain's turn bet is pretty clearly just a blocking bet (that is, you know this once he merely calls and doesn't reraise). Therefore, he is on a draw or has something he is not that proud of and would like to show down cheaply. BTW, nice, pot-sized turn bet.

On the river, now that you know the above, you have to consider if the draw might have been the flush and he just made it. I could believe Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or something like that, from either of your opponents. So I don't hate the check behind. On the other hand, I believe in paying off runner-runner draws -- they usually don't have it and, if they do, it encourages them to draw at them more often. I would bet out, here. Since the rest of your stack is still not pot-sized, I would either push (most often) or (very rarely) make a teaser bet of, say, $5.00 which might make an opponent think I am willing to be pushed off.

[/ QUOTE ]

HUH? wouldn't the odds of an OESD be around 27% and the pot odds of about 50% still?