View Single Post
Old 02-08-2002, 05:10 PM

Default if you are purely pre-defined...

If you use completely pre-defined strategies, you can set them up on TradeStation. The program will email you or page you at work when it does something.

I can't imagine a guy with a day job, and trading currencies at night, being very good at either.

Those things aren't constantly going - making big moves in a central, level playing field - like Cisco, and I have trouble visualizing what non-mechanical, arbitrage, or scalping strategy you hope to use that the big banks won't have an edge all over you.

Sure, you can fight over fractions of pennies non-stop, 24/7. But so far as the big, anomalous moves which I think you will have to be correct on just to break even, I can't imagine how you hope to predict them.

I don't mean to sound mean, or doubt your skills, but don't get too excited about it. Or, if some other poster tells us otherwise - that it is good stuff - then maybe you'll have me out there somewhere to compete with too

Are you an economist, or something? No, just a chart-watcher, right? Currencies are pretty trendy, so I say use TradeStation.

It's like, if one bank is buying currency from another bank, and some little punk fires in an order saying "Me too, I want to buy some pounds too," it's like, who cares?

It might all come down to what book your electronic order gets executed against. Who takes the other side? And I do not have the answer.

leroy