View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: 3 hands at 5/10 today

Hand #2:

The turn card isn't great for you. He may be on a bare 6 but even when he is he's often on as many as 14 outs against you. When you're behind you sometimes are drawing dead and never to more than 6 outs. The pot is pretty small. I think folding is fine there without a read. With a read I think your line is fine but in general committing to a calldown (save for the straight card on the river) in a sub 6 bet pot with no pair takes some pretty telling evidence in my opinion.

Hand #3. I'm not sure I like your river bet. It might be hard if you get raised because you'll probably be good some of the time. The flush draw got there. You're still losing to a K. The only hands that you've now beat are basically small pocket pairs and 9s or unlikely 3s. In a smallish pot you might well not get called when the A hits anyway since it's so totally obvious you have an A in this pot.

So, all in all, I think an argument might be made for checking here. A worse A is going to bet a large percentage of the time so you're not losing value from those hands. You lose the same amount to a K or flush, and you don't open yourself up to folding the best hand. The only hands you lose value from are hands like Q9 and such, but, as said, often they aren't calling anyway given the board texture.