View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Re: $33 - blind v blind 2nd hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like calling for information here. This looks like a WAWB spot, so getting to showdown as cheaply as possible looks good to me. If he makes another good sized bet on the turn, then you can re-evaluate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not know you get information when you call!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain raised preflop. He will almost certainly bet any flop. Calling the flop is a good way to see if he really likes his hand and it's a cheap way. If he bets the turn again then we can re-evaluate. That's all I meant by calling for information.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, so reevaluate... assume he bets turn t150 or so... now what's your line?

[/ QUOTE ]

On this turn? Push.
On any other turn with a diamond? Push.
On a turn with an A? Push.
On any other turn where I completely whiffed? I'd probably fold this early in the tournament. That's probably too weak, but top pair T kicker isn't so great that I'm willing to go to the felt with it.

I really think calling the flop and seeing the turn is just as good as raising, from an information gathering perspective. But it's much cheaper and much safer. Say he pushes over the top of your flop raise. So now there is ~1050 in the pot and you have to call ~450. That's a tough decision. If you just call and he comes out strong again on the turn, you've gained the same amount of information as raising the flop would get you, but it comes much cheaper.

Is this faulty thinking? I'm willing to be persuaded.