View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 12:47 AM

Default Re: ($60) Two pair, meh

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And having t500 in a stars SNG at 50-100 is only barely better than 0 with this many left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this another one of those "people said something bad, so I'll say something equally bad" situations?

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone seems to like this line and I definitely understand the reasons and think they're valid. Just pointing out that everything isnt all roses playing it this way, and I dont think its necessarily best.

Someone said in this thread "its good because you max your gains and minimize your losses". Well, why not bet the turn and fold to a raise...you can bet less than 500 (btw you might be facing a bet of more than 500 on the river here often times) and get away if raised all-in. If he has a hand like TPGK etc...the river might get you more value and you can rest a little easier about the straight.

And to be honest, I prefer having the EXTRA 500 in my stack the times I'm ahead in this hand and being out completely when I lose. If its a 50/50 prop on being ahead, then Ill double up half the time and be in much better position and the other times I'll have room for a new table.