View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: 20/40 Getting aggressive

Calm down uwda. I’m sure Mike didn’t post this hand to boast about his awesome poker skills but because he thought it ws interesting and he played it correctly.

[ QUOTE ]
Isnt it all relative though? I mean, If I am right here and I'm putting money in with the best hand, then it dosent really matter whats in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. Here’s my problem though:
You belive you have a small edge - lets say you figure you’re a 55-45 favorite on average. The thing is you have to be real sure about this in this ante structure. If this game had a $3 ante things would be different… even if you messed up and are actually a 55-45 dog, you’d still win that extra $1.80. Or if this had been 6 handed instead of 4-handed. As it is though, the risk-reward ratio just sucks in that game.
I know you know this stuff, but what else can I say.

[ QUOTE ]
I think several players (Roland you're especially one of the ones I have in mind) could play more hands and show a much larger profit than they do now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don’t know. You must be over-estimating my skills because every time I try to loosen up I crash and burn.
I’ve tried $3/$6 even, just to see if I would do better playing more hands in looser structure. I have a lot of problems there though - I think because most marginal hands need to get heads-up to show a profit, but those guys just never fold. 3Q3 isn’t all that profitable 5-way…

Probably I just suck. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]