View Single Post
Old 02-07-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: New type of bad beat jackpot

[ QUOTE ]
You have to actually have support analyse the hand to make sure it qualifies and confirm that it really was perfect-perfect to make it.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is easy. A moderately skilled programmer could do this in an hour or two. If you trust the sites to keep track of your deposit information, generate random numbers, and manage security, you should trust them to do this correctly.

[ QUOTE ]
Lots of players would think they hit a perfect-perfect without realize that they had other outs.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a good point. You should never underestimate the stupidity of people who draw to perfect-perfect outs. Support might have to come up with an automated reply system to explain why there were 2 outs on the river instead of 1. Maybe even a button to press: "Why didn't I win the jackpot?" This would also be fairly easy to implement.

[ QUOTE ]
I've had several hands that would qualify for this type of jackpot

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? Are you sure they were perfect-perfect? See my other post for odds calculations.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's really in the site's interest to generate super-fishy play though

[/ QUOTE ]
With the current rake structure, the bigger the pot (up to $60), the more the site makes. Until you get up to 5/10 or so, it's definitely in the site's interest to encourage fishy play. Plus, at least at PP, the site keeps 12% of the jackpot. It's in their interest to generate the fishiest play possible and generate the most jackpot drops. I'm just throwing this idea out as a way to generate fishier play and more drops than the current system.