Thread: AQ 50NL
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 04:51 AM

Default Re: AQ 50NL

[ QUOTE ]
Looks too timid. On flop the call is okay, raise could have been in order too,(its a good opportunty to build agresive image). If villain is agresive player and your thoughts were to induce a river bluff your check isn't bad, but ud have to feel strongly that he bet out, otherwise a 1/2-2/3 pot bet is in order. Either way i think you should have 2x-3x river. The only realistic hands that beat you are kk-AA or a set (88/1010/QQ) but based on the turn check i would put him on bluff (with what ahnd hed raise and Cb late position) or k-q/q-j maybe. Either way, river raise is a freeroll if bluff and it puts pressure on him if he holds k-q or q-j (an it builds your agres image). What were results?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate betting a good hand when I'm representing a great hand. If you raise here you're not representing tptk, you're representing a flush, so you'll only be called by a solid player here if he thinks you're bluffing (wich probably isn't likely given hero's image). There's almost no value in raising the river.