View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: picking out an suv

[ QUOTE ]

SUVs are entirely pointless. They can do 70% of what a light truck can do, and they cost more because you are buying into a wonderful, absolutely [censored] pointless brand image. Barnum would be proud.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong. I've owned all 3. A car, a truck (two actually) and now an SUV. I got an SUV because it does all of what I want. A truck is nice because I can haul stuff around and tow things and what not, and is great for off roading. but it sucks when it comes to having more than 1 friend and wanting to go someplace, or carrying groceries, and many other everyday little tasks.

A car is nice because it does a lot of stuff a truck cant do. You can drive with more than 1 other person. Youve got some room to carry stuff with out having to put it in the bed. But it has obvious limitations, which are pretty much all the pros of the truck.

Enter the SUV. It does everything a car and a truck can do. It might not do them as good as each one, but you CAN actually do both. I can still go off roading, and carry home 4x8s from home depot. I can also fit comfortably 4 othe people in my ride when we go somewhere. I can put my dogs in the back without getting dog hair over all my seats, or having to worry about them jumping out. I can carry both my bikes AND a ton of stuff at the same time. and about a billion other things you cant do with just a car, or just a truck.

I didnt buy one so that I could fit in with some image. I bought one because it was the best choice given all the things I like to do.