Thread: The Wall
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 09:09 PM

Default The Wall

I actually stole this hand history from one of EvanJC's threads in here. I just wanted to get some discussion going on how to deal with the turn in these types of hands against aggressive opponents.

Let's say villain is either a LAGTAG type player or maybe just LAG or TAG. I don't know, I see it a lot from these types. Assume that we have a tight-aggressive image. Not weak-tight and not out of line.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">BB raises.</font>

"The Wall", I [censored] hate this move. If the villain is aggressive do you just check-call check-call? Or do you bet-call, check-call/fold?