View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Doomsday Thereom

Very interesting remark. I actually have way too little time on my hands and I am procrastinating, but this is not why I find your remark interesting.

How better do you reckon I spend my free time? I enjoy thinking. I also enjoy mindless tv, mindless work(sometimes), mindless sex, mindless eating, mindless drug taking (alcohol and every now and again the odd joint), mindless shooting the [censored] with friends, etc. but thinking is the only thing that gives me any kind of lasting substantial satisfaction in life.

In my mind I just can't grasp how most people in this world go through life eating, sleeping, [censored], killing, and then dieing. It seems all people do their whole life if fullfill there primitave urges. Of course I may be wrong, but this is my impression of the majority of people in the world.

I can't say that thinking, fullfilling 'higher', or 'more complex' urges is any better or worse that fullfing primitive ones, but it just ain't my cup of tea, and I don't get how this is most peoples' cup of tea. What's your cup of tea?