View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Weight Loss Challenge

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I started down the road to becoming less of a fatass a couple of weeks ago. I'm 5'9"/180, which means that I'm carrying around a good sized spare tire.

All I'm doing as far as eating concerned is making sure that I'm consuming fewer calories than I would need to in order to maintain my current weight each day and that those calories are coming from healthy meals that contain the appropriate ratio of protien, carbs, and fat.

As far as exercise goes, I'm lifting Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Cardio is done 6 or 7 days a week. I'm mainly concerned with fat loss right now, but I'll start working on figuring out how to add mass in the form of muscle once I've gotten rid of the body fat that I don't want hanging around.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like you are off to a good start. I am currently 5"6" and weigh.....yikes 245.5 (yesterday). I think I will make Thursdays my weigh in day, hence if I slip on the weekends, it'll give me a few days to counter it. My ultimate goal is to lose 75lbs. My new "First Week" goal is 4lbs (since initially you lose more water) and then I'll aim for the standard 2lbs a week.

My immediate goal is just to get through the weekend without sliding back. I currently exercise and take about 10 dance classes a week (hip hop and jazz funk). I need to find time to incorporate weights and "gym cardio". I'll work on this next week. Hopefully this will be my LAST time "turning over a new leaf" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck everyone. Here we go ...